The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

indoor winter herb care

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Indoor Veggies| Next thread: Infested Dieffenbachia »
Back to Thread index
by eClaire on November 06, 2006 10:34 PM
Hi all!
I was wondering if I need to do anything special to some potted parsley I want to bring indoors. I have a raised bed with herbs in it as well, I am considering transplanting to pots to take indoors, but winter was mild here last year and everything survived, so I may just leave them outside.
Any thoughts/advise would be appreciated [Smile]
thanks!
claire

Claire
by tkhooper on November 06, 2006 10:57 PM
I live north of you in Triangle Virginia. I've heard that it's suppose to be a hard winter so I took my herbs inside. The outside basil already got hit by a hard freeze here and is dead. The peppermint did a massive leaf drop about a month after I moved it indoors but now is leafing out again. I didn't plant parsley this year because I have par-cel instead. And it has also come inside just fine. About the only thing I can think of in the way of herbs that I would not bring in is rosemary. It usually doesn't do well inside. Although I have heard of a few people that are successful with it.

Lets see I have basil, chives, Oregano, sage, peppermint and pineapplemint in the house and would probably have more if I had the room.

-
 -
by eClaire on November 07, 2006 09:44 AM
Thanks for the advise! I hadn't heard about the hard winter for us here, I would love to see some snow - we had none last year!

Claire

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Indoor Veggies| Next thread: Infested Dieffenbachia »
Back to Thread index