The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

I was there the herbs were there and...

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: I was so worried.| Next thread: i WATCHED it hatch!!!!!!! »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on May 14, 2006 12:12 PM
I got a ride with a friend today and she needed to go to home depot. So of course I had to look at the herbs they had for sale. How could I refuse. And I ended up with another rosemary plant. The last one died. A peppermint and a pineapple mint and one Italian oregano. I hope they all do well.

I've had quite a bit of trouble with my bottom tier soil but I'm thinking that if anything can survive down there it is the mints. Lets hope I'm right on that one.

-
 -
by tkhooper on May 19, 2006 12:46 AM
So far everything is still green. Even the rosemary. BTW can I borrow a rubber chicken just incase I have to do the dance over that rosemary? lol.

-
 -
by ChristinaC on May 26, 2006 06:08 AM
Sorry I didn't see this post sooner Tammy. How are all your herbs doing? Did you find a rubber chicken? [Big Grin]

-
 -
by weezie13 on May 26, 2006 06:21 AM
You said top row and a bottom row..
I would put herbs on a top row...
Hotter and dryer...
*lower would be cooler and wetter as the water *from rain* travels down*

And remember just plain ordinary outdoor soil for them.. they like a plainer dirt..
*no fancy bagged like*
but a small amount of compost can be good for
them....

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by tkhooper on May 26, 2006 10:03 AM
I did put the rosemary up top this time thinking that the other one might have gotten to much water but this one isn't even doing as well as the last one so no more rosemary for me this year at least. It just doesn't like me.

The rest is doing fine. I would like to find a way to keep more moisture around the mints but so far nothing has come to mind. I do have a polymer crystal in the soil but it doesn't seem to work really well. Either that or it's just that I can't see it.

Down here in the summer we are only experiencing about 3 rains a summer so excess water really isn't a concern once we get past April.

Of course this year it was the late hail that caused real concern.

Thankyou for all the information Weezie I really appreciate it.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: I was so worried.| Next thread: i WATCHED it hatch!!!!!!! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: