The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

clematis

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: clematis| Next thread: clematis »
Back to Thread index
by ladystressout on June 02, 2004 05:08 PM
Hello gardener buddies got a problem and hope someone out there can help me out here? I have a clematis growing and setting buds real good last week we had a terrible wind and heavy rain now the plant looks wilted and on some of the leaves there are black patches like on them what is the problem? HELP!!!
by sibyl on June 04, 2004 06:44 AM
[wayey] HEY LADYSTRESSOUT! [wayey]
look in the garden helper's [gardening] it has clematis in there! [Wink] could the wind maybe of up rooted it some? says the roots dont like to be disterbed. maybe you could just cut off the black & give it some fertilizer 5-10-10?
sorry i dont know bout clematis [Embarrassed]
[flower] glad ta see ya on the fourm !! [flower]

-
 -
by ladystressout on June 04, 2004 04:06 PM
Thank you for the information but I did check out the site and found out got root rot to much rain and I also believe the wind but I had to pull it up yesterday? Most of the leaves were turning black and still was wilted was so sad upon loosing it cause it was really to bloom for me! well you lose some you gain some learning how to care for plants is hard sometimes but when they start to grow its worth every bit of it?
by weezie13 on June 04, 2004 04:34 PM
Ladystressout,
I had a similar situation with a clematis...
I had set the pot down on top of the dirt into my garden, and getting to it when I could...
It was there a tiny bit, but had started to look gorgeous and thought, I'd better get that plant into the ground, and as I picked up the pot off of the dirt, I quickly and sadly realized why it had started to look so nice and budding, it was because it had sent it's tap root down into the dirt and was feeding that way and I didn't realize it and when I pulled it up, SNAPPPPPPPPP
went the tap root, I felt soooo bad, and it was so pretty...
But as you say, unfortunately it has to happen sometimes, [tears] though sad, [tears] it is a learning thing.

And if it's any help, those plants are very touchy, When they are in the right spot and conditions are met, they're happy little guys, but if somethings wrong, especially with the roots, you're in for a struggle...

Maybe get a bunch more, put them in 3 different places and I'm sure you'll find spot that some of them will be very happy with..

Weezie

Keep us posted if you get another one!!

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: clematis| Next thread: clematis »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: