The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

honeysuckle

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: HONEYSUCKLE| Next thread: Honeysuckle »
Back to Thread index
by Mariposa on June 02, 2004 01:11 PM
Hi, I'm new here and excited about finding this site...! I have a honeysuckle vine (? name) that I planted just last year. Problem is I have it planted relatively close to my back yard gate which was fine until hubby went out and bought an "all terrain vehicle" and the honeysuckle is right in the way of getting that monstrosity in the back yard!!! I have to move it! Am I going to kill it if I move it now?? I live in Newfoundland... zone 6 I guess.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
by gardenmom32210 on June 02, 2004 02:13 PM
I've never had a problem transplanting honeysuckle. Cuttings root great too! If you're careful it should be just fine(it might go through shock,but will survive)

Karen [grin]
by jogger on June 03, 2004 11:03 PM
l have a Honeysuckle which has travelled with me to two differen't dwellings,They are very hardy, mine keep's going. l have also moved it a couple of times. l just cut it down to about 6inches dig it up and replant it. give it tender loving care, etc feed it, keep it well watered for a while. It has never let me down.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: HONEYSUCKLE| Next thread: Honeysuckle »
Back to Thread index