The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

ohio tomatoes

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Oh those bean beetles!| Next thread: Oily soil? »
Back to Thread index
by sammy papa on July 29, 2006 04:18 PM
hi i was just wondering? my tomatoes last year were great this not good... Could it be from all the rain we`ve had? the bottom leaves are already browning.....got lots of blossoms...the only thing i didn`t do this year that i did last year was i had merigolds planted around my garden...
by johnCT on July 30, 2006 01:07 AM
Well, it's definitely not from lack of marigolds lol. The weather plays a big part in the characteristics of the plants and fruit. Give it time.

John - Zone 6
by weezie13 on July 30, 2006 04:03 AM
Every season gives new experiences...
One summer can be hot and dry, another cool and wet/rainy... your plants will grow differently
accordingly to what they recieve...

And as a gardener, that's how I learn, and learn from what occured, or what occured last year and how the next season changed it for the better or worse and grow in my gardening knowledge...

Also, if you kept your crop in the same place from year to year, and maybe don't ammend your soil...it may have depleted the nutrients last year that made it so good, and this year is lacing them...
have you added new ammendments?
Or a change in ammendments, new one's, or different one's. can also effect your crop..
Adding more manure one year can give you more green growth and slow on flowering...

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Oh those bean beetles!| Next thread: Oily soil? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: