The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

GOLDEN ROD

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: golden rod| Next thread: Golden Trumpet Vine - propagating it? »
Back to Thread index
by BFVISION on May 08, 2005 02:47 AM
[wayey] Anyone [gabby] ever planted it before? I put a few in last year and they are popping up all over [Razz] . I hope I did the right thing?

BFVISION

BFVISION

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2122269418&mode=guest
by Jiffymouse on May 08, 2005 03:32 AM
i don't know about the "right" thing, but you will have them everywhere forever more now. but they are beautiful, and they aren't as allergenic as they used to be reported to be, so, you probably did good [thumb]
by tkhooper on May 08, 2005 04:22 AM
I hope you did too. I am sensitive to them and get the stuffy head symptom when they bloom. I don't need medication when they come up but I do usually head the other direction if possible.

-
 -
by weezie13 on May 08, 2005 08:59 AM
GOLDEN ROD gets blamed for peoples' allergy's..
But actually it's the RAG WEED that's out at the same time, that does it to people...
I can't remember the exact science of it,
but something that the ragweed has to make you allergic, the golden rod doesn't have..

I have to admit, I'm a WEED LOVER, and I love the color of it, and I let it grow...
I have a huge section of it, and it's like a cover or wall to part of my yard.. it's gorgeous color in the fall too, when there's not much blooming and NO MAINTAINENCE!!!
But it can become intrusive..as long as you keep your dirt, nice, composty like, it's very easy to pull out as it grows on under ground runners..
*however they do re~seed prolifically*
Keep an eye on it!!! [thumb] [flower]

And there's some that are sold now, all different shaped heads...

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: golden rod| Next thread: Golden Trumpet Vine - propagating it? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: