The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Peonies?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: peonies| Next thread: Peonies »
Back to Thread index
by Meg on May 05, 2005 01:10 PM
I was wondering, can a peonie be started from a clipping somewhere on the plant? I have a neighbor with white ones, and my work has pretty pink ones. I didn't know if you could grow them from a clipping or not, but I'm hoping maybe yes. [flower] They are so beautiful!

Meg

-
 -

I reject your reality, and substitue my own!
My favorite digital camera photos that I took.
My family, garden, and a bunch of misc. photos!
by tkhooper on May 05, 2005 02:30 PM
Aren't they wonderful. I love them. I'm only showing divisions under propogation techniques but then I didn't know you could grow roses from cuttings until I read a post yesterday. That got me so excited I was speechless. I hope you can that would be fantastic. I have my fingers crossed.

-
 -
by Gardencrazy on May 06, 2005 12:31 AM
Peonies can only be propagated by crown division or seed. If by seed, some do not come true from seed.

Here are some instructions on crown division though.
peonies care

Gardencrazy [flower]

-
 -
 - my webshots ~ my photobucket
by Meg on May 06, 2005 12:51 AM
*sigh* Oh well.. guess I can't ask the folks to dig them up for me, and divide them..lol. I was just gonna take a snip if that woulda worked. I really like the pink ones growing at the warehouse where I work. Guess I'll be buying a peony from Southern States. [Roll Eyes]

Meg

-
 -

by tkhooper on May 06, 2005 01:24 AM
I went to wal-mart this spring and got 5 peonies for 5 dollars. That's not bad. And they all had the 3 to 5 eyes on it that are recommended.

-
 -
by afgreyparrot on May 06, 2005 02:45 AM
Meg...I will send you a white one if you want.
They are fixing to bloom any minute, though, so you will miss the blooms this year.

Cindy

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by Meg on May 06, 2005 03:08 AM
Awwwe, thanks Cindy. I'd love it whenever you can send it. I know that sometimes you just don't get blooms at first anyways.

Meg

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: peonies| Next thread: Peonies »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: