The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Hibiscus leaves turning yellow

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Hibiscus Issues| Next thread: Hibiscus looks bad »
Back to Thread index
by judycox on May 18, 2004 07:39 PM
I have a huge (10' tall) hibiscus. There are tons of blossoms on it but some of the leaves have turned completely yellow. There are no bugs to the visible eye that I can see. Anybody know what's going on here?
by gardengal on May 18, 2004 09:59 PM
Hi there! When my hibiscus does the yellowing of the leaves it either means its not getting enough water or it wants some food. Once I add some slow release fertilizer and make sure it gets lots of water it stops yellowing. Those leaves are goners however so if you don't like the way they look you can pick them off really easily. [thumb] I had a problem last year with white flies liking them (you can usually see them on the closed flowers) but after a spray of neem oil we've been fly free!

Welcome to the forum [wayey] by the way. Where in So Cal are you? We have lots of gardeners in Ca. from San Diego up to San Francisco. I'm in Ontario, lovely cow country. [grin]

-
 -
Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Hibiscus Issues| Next thread: Hibiscus looks bad »
Back to Thread index