The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Weed of some sort taking over my lawn

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Weed N Feed in the fall?| Next thread: weeds »
Back to Thread index
by newbie gardener on May 11, 2005 07:01 PM
Hi

My lawn this year has this weed growing everywhere. It is about 6 inches high has a purple top and the leaves appear to grow downward and grows in clusters.

Not sure what to use on this as I do not want to harm the grass or my garden which it has also invaded.

[tears]
by weezie13 on May 12, 2005 02:17 AM
Newbie Gardener,
Is this it???
Dead Nettle ???? [dunno] ????

Weezie

Hey Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum by the way if I haven't Welcomed you!
*I've been a wee~bit busyyyyyyyyy lately*
Lot's to do here and see, and to keep you busy,
even in the dead of a cold, long, snowy, blowy winter...Recipes, Crafts and Hobbies, Game Room and Banter Hall for chatting and getting to know some of the members...

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by newbie gardener on May 12, 2005 04:04 PM
Yes!!! That is it! Thank you I spent of good part of the day trying to track this down and could not find anything.

I really need to find out how to post pictures as it will make things so much easier.

I am not sure but I think I purchased something like this last summer and planted it, although it is a lighter shade of green. It actually looks like a nice plant.

How do I get rid of this? It is everywhere.
by newbie gardener on May 13, 2005 05:05 PM
Well, it seems like I am not the only person with a dead nettle problem, I found another post about this.

Not sure what to do here, but I think I will continue to pull out what I can, since the ground is still moist and maybe spray just alittle.

There is so much wild life around here I am afraid of using the spray.

Does anyone know what would happen if I poured boiling water on them?
by newbie gardener on May 13, 2005 05:17 PM
Just answered my own question. I just love this site! Found a post about boiling water and a recipe to go with it!

My husband won't like this but I guess I will have to sacrifice the grass for this to work.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Weed N Feed in the fall?| Next thread: weeds »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: