The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Does anyone know what this is?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Firstyeargardener2006 on June 11, 2006 05:59 PM
I have a vegetable plant that I don't know what it is. It is the 7th one on my photobucket site. If anyone knows what kind of plant this is please feel free to let me know.

Thank you,
Nicky

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/ladyk24/

I sit in my vegetable garden so that I can see them grow.
by Greenthumb newbee on June 11, 2006 06:43 PM
They may be cuccumber plants but look more like Cantalope to me. Time will tell.
by eClaire on June 12, 2006 04:34 AM
if i am looking at the correct picture, that looks like a stawberry plant with runners.

Claire
by LandOfOz on June 12, 2006 04:35 AM
That's what I was thinking too eClaire! I think picture number 9 looks like a cantalope though. I think that cantalopes tend to have rounder leaves than most cukes...

Sarah

-
Sarah - Zone 5b/6
 -
by elkwc36 on June 12, 2006 09:15 AM
That is what I thought also but decided I must be looking at the wrong picture. Yes I agree #9 looks to be a cantalope. It could be a cuke really hard to tell in that picture. The pepper and tomato in the container look awful close to me. Will be interested to see how they do. JD
by Firstyeargardener2006 on June 12, 2006 12:33 PM
Sorry it is 9 I was so in a rush that i missed counted.

So you think it's cantalope? I do not remember planting that. Oh well lets see how it turns out since how my watermelon does not want to work with me. lol

JD,
Yeah you are right the tomatoe plant and pepper plant are close it's because the tomatoe plant had died at least thats what i thought so I just put it at the bottom of the bucket and low and be hold I ended up with another plant. One of the girls told be after I had already did it that they do come back, but I did not belive that one would it was brown like dead brown.

Green thumb,
your right time well tell I figured I would know what it was by now, but I still had no clue so I was looking it up trying to find any leaf that looked anything like it.

Thank you for all your help I will wait to see what I might have accidently planted and hope it comes out good. And yes the other plant was a strawberry one with runners.
Again sorry for the wrong plant.
Thank you,
Nicky

by Amigatec on June 12, 2006 01:06 PM
You didn't throw any cantaloupe seeds in the garden did you??

I quit doing that, I think everyone of them spouted last year.

It fact that is how I planted it this year, we bought one from the store and I saved the seeds from it.

-
 -
One OS to rule them, one OS to find them:
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Redmond where the shadows lie.
by Shawn M on June 13, 2006 01:03 AM
To me, that picture (if I'm looking at the right one)looks a lot like a cucumber. It will be fun to see what it ends up.

Good luck.

Shawn
by johnCT on June 13, 2006 01:07 AM
Definitely a curcurbit of some kind. From your compost maybe?

John - Zone 6
by Firstyeargardener2006 on June 13, 2006 01:27 PM
I don't know what I planted I was mad one day since how my peppers were dying and went out side and had a hand full of seeds. I know no that is the wrong thing to do. Hopefully next year I won't so something like that. I will see what it is as it starts to get bigger and keep you posted.
Thank you,
Nicky

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: