The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Help Please...

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Help Peonies again| Next thread: HELP PLEASE »
Back to Thread index
by Storm on May 12, 2004 08:34 AM
We are mulching our entire garden this year with fine ground cedar mulch.

Does anyone know if mulching Lillies is ok? Also roses. I heard roses don't like cedar mulch and I can't afford to loose my lillies.

Someone please help before I get burried in mulch.

Thanks [Smile]
by Chrissy on May 12, 2004 11:48 AM
I have read that you can mulch lilies...

quote:
Mulch is another important factor with lilies, as with many herbaceous perennials. A thin layer (5 cm/2 in.) of Premier bark mulch not only helps the soil stay cool and keeps weeds down, it also holds the mounded soil from washing away during heavy rains.
I know that you can mulch roses. I have my roses mulched with cedar bark chips & they are huge & beautiful & very healthy. Although I am not sure about fine ground mulch, since it will not be as porous or allow for as much air circulation.

-
 -
z5b
by gardenmom32210 on May 12, 2004 02:12 PM
Hi,
I have both my Roses and Lillies mulched with red mulch. It looks neat and clean and does not seem to affect my plants at all,they are all strong and thriving. Just be careful not to put it too thick around the base of the plants.

Karen [grin]
by Storm on May 13, 2004 09:20 AM
Thanks for your prompt attention to my problem. I was afraid another trailer load of mulch would spread (by my daughter) before I could get an answer to this.

Mulch away it is then..

Thanks
[flower]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Help Peonies again| Next thread: HELP PLEASE »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: