The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

help please

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: HELP PLEASE| Next thread: help please!! »
Back to Thread index
by ninniwinky on August 26, 2005 07:37 AM
Can anyone tell me a flower that Repels Bee's? Is there such a thing?????

Thanks
by Triss on August 26, 2005 08:48 AM
This is the only one I found.

Flower is said to repel bees

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by Shani on August 26, 2005 11:46 AM
Thats cool, I didn't know there were any flowers to repel bees.

Shani
 -
May the wind always be at your back
and your keel in the water
by Dixie Angel on August 26, 2005 08:13 PM
Maybe that is the kind of flower I need to be planting!

Dianna

-
 -
by Triss on August 26, 2005 10:52 PM
You and I both. They ar all over my sunflowers. Which of course are above my tomatoes and I cannot even get to those cept at night when I cannot even see them anyhow. The sunflowers are going to have to come out before the tomatoe harvest really starts.

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by ninniwinky on August 28, 2005 11:06 PM
My mom said that Marigolds keep certain bugs away, but she doesn't think that includes bee's...
I don't know what it is, but we are over-run with them this year! I almost am too afraid to leave my house, Seriously! So more suggestions on " Bee repelling plnats" would be very helpful! [Smile]

Thanks,

Ninni
by Longy on August 28, 2005 11:27 PM
If it's been a particularly bad year climate wise in your area, it is possible that native plant species are not flowering as prolifically as usual and supplying the bees with their usual food source. So they are getting anything they can. Maybe plant bee attracting plants away from the areas you normally use. Like basil bushes growing in an unused corner. Dunno if this will work but the bees are not gonna just go away. They are one of the most beneficial insects we have. Without them there would be no sunflowers or tomatoes.

-
The secret is the soil.
by ninniwinky on August 29, 2005 12:30 AM
Your right Longy,

But I have a very allergic Fiance, and If I have to pick between Him and the bee's, the bee's got to go...
I think we have had an ok season, I think everything bloomed and grew quite well. But the Bee's are unbelievable! You can't go outside without getting bombarded with them, I am grateful however that none of us have been stung as of yet. One thing I thought about it the abundance of Catnip we have outside out back door, I think Bee's LOVE catnip. I think i may have to get rid of those bushes..... [Frown]

Ninni

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: HELP PLEASE| Next thread: help please!! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: