The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Started a couple early tomatoes this weekend

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by johnCT on March 13, 2006 11:00 PM
In the hopes of getting some ripe fruit for the 4th of July here in zone 6, I started a few of my early varieties on Sat. Will most likely be growing them in containers.

Kimberly, Silvery Fir Tree and Taxi.

[muggs] [thumb] [clappy]

John - Zone 6
by comfrey on March 14, 2006 12:33 PM
I've started a few of mine also...In fact I have one sprout so far in each of the pots of yellow tomatoes [Wink] that a very nice person shared with me, hoping that more sprout, but one will be enough to try that variety..I also started a few of my main crop tomatoes and they have sprouted, almost have the first set of true leaves. I have also put the other tomato seeds in starter flats, so before long I will be over run with tomato seedlings [grin] Oh and I love that tomato on your sig line John!

-
 -
by Francine on March 14, 2006 01:34 PM
comfrey,

i m not forgeting you,everyempty pckets i put in a tin box marked*comfrey* on it,when i get a good bunch i send it to you.

have a good day!

Franny

http://photobucket.com/albums/d23/fv1962/
by comfrey on March 14, 2006 11:37 PM
Ok..Thanks Franny!

-
 -
by tkhooper on March 14, 2006 11:50 PM
Mine are ready for transplant but I'm waiting until after the cold snap we are expecting this week. Then out to the garden they go. I'm thinking about leaving them in the containers this year. That way I can space them out more.

-
 -
by johnCT on March 15, 2006 12:14 AM
Wow TK. I can't even think of planting Toms in the garden til the middle of May.

Comfrey, you're well on your way to being over-run, lol.

John - Zone 6
by comfrey on March 15, 2006 12:50 AM
This morning I checked and more yellows have sprouted. I can plant around the end of April/first of May...So I think I am close to on schedule?????
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: