The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

evergreen vines that flower spring to fall

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by challenged on April 21, 2005 01:15 AM
I live in Oklahoma on the border of vone 6 and 7 guess that should make things easier but not for me. I am in need of a vine that is evergreen and flowers spring to fall and that will enjoy full sun and very hot summers as well as some very cold winters. This sounds like a big order to me and I have been looking and have come up with nothing. So now I am bending my head and begging for help. [perplexed]

Remember to dance in the rain!
by tkhooper on April 21, 2005 02:35 AM
well I will happily look with you. It sounds like a pretty tall order.

Holboellia fargesii - This is an evergreen vine that blooms early spring and will handle full sun and zone six. If there is more than one plant present it might even produce fruit.

Holboellia latifolia - This is pretty much the same as the one above but is rated as zone 7.

Passiflora caerulea 'Alba' - This evergreen is said to be "free flowering". I'm not exactly sure how to interprete that.

Solanum crispum 'Glasnevin' - here it is full sun, evergreen, blooming from April to November. Ok not quite zone 8. But if the place you want to plant it is near the house I've hear you can add one zone to your rating.

I hope something here helps. It's all I could find.

-
 -
by loz on April 23, 2005 03:06 AM
Hello Challanged, and welcome to the forum....glad to have you here with us all....

I'm moving this topic over to the plants and flowers topic where you will receive some more help......

laura [wayey]

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: