The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

mushrooms in my lilacs!!help!!!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Mushrooms in my lawn| Next thread: mushrooms in my rudbeckia »
Back to Thread index
by Beccers on September 25, 2004 05:02 AM
i had recently plantled lilac type of plants in a pot and they were sitting there for a couple of weeks now . today when i came home i noticed one of them has fallen out of the pot i lifted the plant and saw that there were mushrooms grown down there and have pushed the plant out. it was really scary, how did they get there?are they dangerous? they are white sticks with a white little hat type of the thing on top.i tried pulling them out and just put the plant back. any suggestions would be very appreciated.
thank you
by gardenmom32210 on September 25, 2004 05:41 AM
I would recommend removing ALL the soil from the pot and replacing it. Was it purchased soil? Also it might be a good idea to thoroughly clean the pot it's in.

Hope this helps!

Karen [grin]
by M. D. Vaden of Oregon on October 21, 2004 02:02 AM
Mushrooms are fruiting bodies of fungi. Such as fungi involved with decaying organic matter with a result of improving soil conditions.

Did you see my post in the Banter Hall section about Chanterelle mushrooms being mycorrhizal fungi fruiting parts?

I've been reading quite a bit about this lately.

Seems that bad mushrooms are fairly rare unless you eat one that you shoud not. But taking the mushroom away does not remove the fungi. And removing the fungi may be less healthy.

M. D. Vaden of Oregon

Web Site

Oregon Bigfoot Trap trail

Photo Albums - Oregon Scenery & Tree Care
by Buglady on November 01, 2004 07:06 AM
Most of the time you get mushrooms in your potted plants you are watering too much (there are exceptions). Check you watering...

-
 -
The Buglady
Suzanne Wainwright-Evans, www.bugladyconsulting.com
Educating the world... one bug at a time

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Mushrooms in my lawn| Next thread: mushrooms in my rudbeckia »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: