The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Selecting a Cherry Tree

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by artmomz on November 05, 2005 03:58 AM
Hello...I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. My husband has given me the go ahead to find a cherry tree to add to our family.

I know my choice needs to be a self-pollinator and sweet. It would live in our backyard, here in Missouri, and would be the only tree we have back there. Our winters have been mild lately, but we do get one or two good snows in January/February. (Current Nov. 4th temperature: 71F)

So far I've looked into the Stella and one called Sunburst (but I can't seem to find a picture for it).

I've scoured google, but any first-hand experience or advice would be greatly appreciated. We have't had much luck with trees, and I would like this one to have a good start.
by Amigatec on November 06, 2005 07:41 AM
Here are my Cherry Trees

Northstar Pie Cherry, these are about 1/2 around and tart, but they make LOTS of cherries and good pies.

-

-

-
 -
One OS to rule them, one OS to find them:
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Redmond where the shadows lie.
by artmomz on November 08, 2005 08:53 AM
Oh...those are pretty. [Smile]

(I just had this horrible thought...that maybe my husband only wants the tree for his smoker!! [scaredy] )

Edit: Turning on topic notification. Forgot to do that the first time. Otherwise I would have replied sooner.

Active Garden Forum