The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

sweet peas

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Sweet Peas| Next thread: Sweet peas »
Back to Thread index
by ladybug67 on October 20, 2005 03:08 AM
I have some pea pods /sweet pea growing but they are not growing much? i planted them for a winter crop and not sure if it's a bad seeds or i'm doing something wrong? Should i use some marical grow to help it? I planted garlic too and how can i tell when i can pick it?

being a mom is the best job their is and hardest too!!! lol
by Longy on October 20, 2005 11:53 PM
They like a sweet soil. Apply a dressing of dolomite to the soil a few weeks before planting.

You pick garlic when the tops die off.

-
The secret is the soil.
by ladybug67 on October 23, 2005 01:39 AM
What is dolomite??? I already planted them. Will they die and not perduce peas to eat if we get a frost for days???

being a mom is the best job their is and hardest too!!! lol
by Longy on October 23, 2005 01:50 AM
Dolomite is like garden lime.
If they don't grow properly then they won't produce peas properly. Your orginal post says they aren't growing well. it may be because the soil requires sweetening.(Or having the Ph raised) Thus the dolomite. You can add it and chip it into the soil now, though it will take a while to change the soil Ph. If the peas die off, prepare the beds again, this time with dolomite or lime. They like a well cultivated soil and hate weed competition. I think peas can handle frost. Not sure.

-
The secret is the soil.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Sweet Peas| Next thread: Sweet peas »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: