The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Sweet peas

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Sweet Peas| Next thread: Sweet peas... how to collect seeds »
Back to Thread index
by rozy221 on March 18, 2005 10:23 PM
Well, it's 50 degrees out today, so I decided to take a shot at moving some of my sweet peas to in front of my bathroom window to climb some lattice. Well, I'm now crushed, and confused, too. These little clumps that I have coming up, not too far from the "mommy" seem to be growing from underground-it appears that the roots are running from one clump to the next. I broke one clump from it's runner root and planted it anyway, just to see what happens, but I'm thinking that it won't take. I guess I'm confused because I thought that they were spreading due to seed propagation, and there are no baby clumps on the sunny side of the mommy, only on the shady side. So I guess my question is: is there any hope of moving these babies or should I just try something else? Does anyone have any suggestions for a vine that fills in quickly-decidious or evergreen? Thanks for the help!
by Longy on March 21, 2005 10:34 AM
I just save the seed pod from sweet peas and plant again each season. They grow very quickly from seed.
\a fast climbing vine , semi deciduous, is a passionfruit. Plus you get to eat the fruit.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Sweet Peas| Next thread: Sweet peas... how to collect seeds »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: