The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Suggestions for plants around Tulips and Daffodils

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Suggestions for House Plant??| Next thread: suggestions needed »
Back to Thread index
by gardenfairy on August 24, 2006 03:49 AM
I want to plant some Tulips and Daffodils in this area

-

It gets full sun in the afternoon. I want to plant something that will come up and bloom after the tulips and daffodils have stopped blooming. I was thinking of planing some of my whtie datura there. Any suggestions?

Monica

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
 -

God gave us memories so we can have roses in the winter.
by gardenfairy on August 24, 2006 03:50 AM
Oops I forgot to resize the picture.

Monica

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
 -

by weezie13 on August 24, 2006 04:31 AM
Gardenfairy,
You can go into the Photobucket thing and resize there, I believe you need the 75% reduced setting...
I do my resizing with a program thru IVIEW, but I do know both Cindy and Loz know how to walk you thru if you need help...
Give 'em a shout..

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by ND farm girl on August 24, 2006 06:40 AM
A friend of mine had some iris' and tulips and she had some johnny jump-ups close by that kept creeping over and now she has them all over in between the tulip greenery and it looks so cute!

PattyM
by tkhooper on August 24, 2006 08:36 AM
I love the Allium for a nice long summer bloom. I have the variety called 'sparkler'. They come in white, yellow and purple.

-
 -
by Bestofour on August 24, 2006 10:44 AM
how bout snapdragons or creeping phlox. They come back every year. Portulaca may work in SC too and loves the heat.

-
 -
 - http://www.picturetrail.com/bestofour  -
by loz on August 24, 2006 12:00 PM
I like annuals best for planting around my bulbs......I'd do Zinnias with Portulacas around the bases of them! [thumb] Lots of pretty, vibrant color with both of them!
by joclyn on August 24, 2006 02:18 PM
portulaca aka sundials, do excellent in full sun and hot, hot weather and they grow in very nicely too...i usually put a few in every year (i'm not too much with annuals) just for an extra burst of color here and there.

they did extremely well this year with the really hot weather we've had...i've had some self-seed previously and with how well they did this year, i'm expecting to see some pop up next year.
by gardenfairy on August 26, 2006 12:37 AM
I have tons of zinnia seeds from my flowers this year!!! I will have to find some portulaca next year and I will try these!!

Monica

-

by jbaby7162000 on August 26, 2006 09:31 AM
gardenfairy u know those bush seeds of datura u sent me,do i have to nick are soak those seeds i want to start some inside.

joanne

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Suggestions for House Plant??| Next thread: suggestions needed »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: