The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Oriental Lily Care

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: oriental lillies| Next thread: oriental poppies? »
Back to Thread index
by Devious on August 21, 2006 10:26 AM
I just purchased a pot of Oriental Lily's. They're white, there appear to be 5 bulbs, all with blooms on them.

I have no idea how to care for Lily's. I bought these as I really want to learn. I'm unsure if this is the correct season for them, what kind of lighting/shade they should be in. Fertilizer, watering, etc. Any tips you have would be appreciated greatly.

Should I put these bulbs into the ground outside, keep them in the pot, transfer some to another pot? I'm dying to get info lol [Smile]

Thanks in advance!

-
by alankhart on August 21, 2006 11:15 AM
You first need to know what zone your lily will grow in...it may tell you on the plant label that came with it. If it will grow in your zone, plant it outside (you can enjoy it as a houseplant while it's blooming if you want.) Most oriental lilies prefer full sun to light shade and soil with good drainage. Most OL's bloom in summer. After it has finished blooming, cut off the old bloom before it sets seed (unless you plan on starting some from seed) but leave the stems to die back naturally...this allows the bulbs to gain energy for next year's blooms.

-
 -
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: oriental lillies| Next thread: oriental poppies? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: