The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Pecan Trees

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: pecan tree worms? sores?| Next thread: PeeGee Hydrangias »
Back to Thread index
by gardeningnovice on August 24, 2004 06:36 PM
Well, I just wrote to introduce myself and now I'm writing with my first question.

I just moved into this wonderful old house with these huge Pecan trees. Everything was going fine, but it rained over the weekend, and I when I went by to check on the house, two of the trees had quite large branches that had broken off.

I don't really know much about Pecan trees. Is this normal? These don't look like fragile trees. So, why are these big branches breaking off. It wasn't even a bad rainstorm.

Thanks
Victoria
by weezie13 on September 10, 2004 04:35 AM
Pulling this one to the top^^^^

Anyone have an idea????

Papito, you grow some trees???
Any advice???????

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Bestofour on September 11, 2004 03:28 AM
We have 15 pecan trees and even though they are gigantic they are fragile. We have limbs down all the time. It doesn't seem to hurt them. Unless you fertilize them with zinc every year they will only produce every other.

-
 -
 - http://www.picturetrail.com/bestofour  -
by Jiffymouse on September 15, 2004 06:01 PM
i second what sheri said. i used to have huge, 50 yr old pecan trees, and they would lose a few limbs, but never have anything drastic happen to them.
by suzydaze on September 30, 2004 02:57 PM
I don't do much to my pecan trees, got an even doze 25 year old trees around the front of my plaCE pick the limbs up when the wind blows and try not to park or sit anything under them, not just because of the limbs but the tree sap will ruin everything. Black moldy looking tree sap.

-
 -
I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: pecan tree worms? sores?| Next thread: PeeGee Hydrangias »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: