The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Hey it worked!!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by dragonfly on April 12, 2005 12:56 AM
Just wanted to say ...i think it was TJhopper that gave me the recipe for getting rid of unwanted grass and weeds. But the recipe worked [clappy] i mixed the solution (vinegar,salt and dish soap)poured it on the area that i needed and left the solution on for about a week and half and the grass and weeds died [thumb] .I now have a beautiful garden planted in the spot now [flower] . Thank-u ever so much for everyones help. [kissies]
Dragonfly [flower]
by sam314 on April 12, 2005 06:00 AM
Hey, that's pretty cool! I might have to try that one!

God Bless,
Sam
Prov. 3:5-6
by mike57 on April 12, 2005 06:39 AM
HI [wayey] that recipe came from Duckie.she gave it to me a good while back.i have recomended it quite a few times.Duckie said i was giveing her willys because i recameded round up a lot [Big Grin] .SO the thanks should go to Duckie.shes a great all natural organtic gardener [thumb] heres the recipie
Poison Ivy Vegetation Killer
1 cup salt
8 drops liquid detergent
1 gallon vinegar

Combine the salt and vinegar in a pan and heat to dissolve the salt. Cool the vinegar, add the detergent, and pour some of the liquid into a large spray bottle. Spray the vegetation. (You can also just pour the mixture onto the weeds.) Refill the spray bottle as necessary. Note that this formula will kill all the vegetation, so make sure that you are only spraying the plants you want to kill. If you need to use a lot of this spray, avoid spraying it near wells, as the salt can leach into your water supply.

your friend in gardening.mike57 [wayey] [flower] [flower]

-
No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.
by hisgal2 on April 12, 2005 08:40 PM
I have poison ivy mixed in with my English Ivy. If I use the solution on the two ivies, will it kill both, or just the poison??

-
 -

-
by obywan59 on April 12, 2005 09:28 PM
It will kill both. You're choices are to either kill everything and start over, pull the poison ivy plant by plant or use something like Vine-X that you apply only to the individual poison ivy stems. http://www.vine-x.com/

-
Terry

May the force be with you
by duckie on April 13, 2005 04:24 AM
HUH??? duh.......yes the vine-x will do the job,so will round-up.com or poisonourearth.com.

It's all about choices. [tears]

-
 -
by mike57 on April 13, 2005 10:15 AM
HI [wayey] Duckie i had to give credit where credit was due i have cut back on the round up [Big Grin] .i have used your recipe you gave me and it works great i have saved the recipe on my computer and have passed it along to my friends and family. thanks again.your friend in gardening mike57 [thumb] [wayey] [flower] [flower]

-
No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: