The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

trying to grow super ego

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by srrmbb on July 17, 2006 01:42 AM
I have attempted to grow a siberian iris called super ego with no luck. The first time I put them in my flower border with my peonies. They were shipped to me in the fall. The second time I tried growing them individually in pots. They were shipped to me this spring. To the pots I added mostly peat moss, miracle gro potting mix and a little of my own garden soil. I planted them on the day they arrived. I found out later that some people suggest that you soak the roots overnight before planting, although the planting instructions that came with them did not indicate that to me. That's the only reason I can think of that they didn't do well. Or maybe I didn't use the right ratios of potting mix, peat moss, or the right products. The soil seemed spongy at first. As time went on it seemed to get compacted. I'm determined to grow these plants. They look beautiful with red peonies. According to everything I've read about them they are very easy to grow. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I live in the southeast. These plants are fairly expensive,and I'm afraid of losing anymore.

Thank you,
June
by weezie13 on July 18, 2006 03:33 AM
I have some Siberian Iris's..
But I grow mine in straight peatmoss
in an old cracked kiddie pool...
*I do have pictures, but not loaded yet*

Mine like it on the moist side..
And I have mine in partial shade..
They don't get sun until 1:00pm until about 5/6:00pm...

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: