The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
« Prev thread: White Chocolate Bavarian Cream Cake| Next thread: White daisies »
Back to Thread index
by gardenmom32210 on January 21, 2005 02:42 PM
This is AWESOMELY YUMMY!

White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe

4 (8 oz.) packages Philadelphia brand cream cheese, room temperature
2 C. sugar
6 eggs
2 t. vanilla
2 C. sour cream
1/2 C. chopped white chocolate
1/2 C. raspberry jam, thinned with 3 tablespoons water

Topping:
3/4 C. sour cream
3 T. sugar
1/2 t. vanilla
1/4 C. raspberry jam
1 T. water

Crust:
For the crust:
1 cup slivered almonds
2 cups graham cracker crumbs (7 ounces)
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted

Block of white chocolate, at room temperature, optional

Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter the inside of a (10-inch) springform pan, or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Wrap the outside bottom and sides of the pan in two layers of aluminum foil. Set aside. Also have ready a baking dish large enough to hold the springform pan in a bain marie, or water bath.

Crust:
Spread slivered almonds in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Bake 5 to 10 minutes, shaking the pan gently every 2 to 3 minutes, until fragrant and lightly browned.

In the bottom of the springform pan, combine almonds, graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Add melted butter and almond extract, and mix until well-combined. Lightly pat crumb mixture onto bottom only of pan, spreading evenly across the surface.

Filling:
With a mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth and fluffy. Mix in eggs one at a time; do not over-mix. Add vanilla and sour cream, and mix just until well-blended. Fold in white chocolate. Pour mixture into prepared springform pan.

Pour jam on top in a spiral pattern, then gently stir in jam, leaving swirls visible.

Place springform pan in baking pan, and fill baking pan with water to a depth of 1 inch. Bake about 1 hour and 15 minutes until set and lightly browned. Turn off oven and leave cheesecake in oven for 1 hour.

Remove from oven and let cool, overnight if possible. Run knife along sides, and loosen sides of springform pan.

Topping:
In a bowl, combine sour cream, sugar, vanilla, raspberry jam and water until smooth. Spread on top of cheesecake. If garnishing with white chocolate, carefully shave off curls with a cheese plane or vegetable peeler, and scatter curls over top of cheesecake.

Makes 12 servings.

G~Mom [grin]
by Sorellina on January 21, 2005 03:59 PM
I wonder if you could use fresh or frozen raspberries in place of the jam. For the decoration on top, you might want to simply pop them in a blender for a few seconds. What do you think?

You've reminded me to get going on that white chocolate bavarian cream, thanks !!

Cheers,
Julianna
by gardenmom32210 on January 21, 2005 08:57 PM
quote:
I wonder if you could use fresh or frozen raspberries in place of the jam
I don't see why not...just mash'em up real good.

I bet it would be good with different jellies/jams too! Mmmmm...Orange Marmalade?

G~Mom [grin]
by 4Ruddy on January 22, 2005 06:01 AM
ewweeee...the orange marmelade does sound yummy...but I am going to have to try the raspberry first...we LOVE raspberry anything!!! I love to make cheese cakes and hubby loves to eat them so it works out very well! (he is gaining quite a few pounds being off work and unable to do much....except EAT...all of the time)

-
 -

Happiness, like a dessert so sweet.
May life give you more than you can ever eat...
by gardenmom32210 on January 23, 2005 03:05 PM
quote:
I love to make cheese cakes and hubby loves to eat them
Sounds like a "Match made in Heaven" [thumb]

quote:
we LOVE raspberry anything
ME TOO! You'll really LOVE this then [thumb]

G~Mom [grin]
by Micky on February 13, 2005 12:44 AM
Mmmm...sounds delicious. I'll have to make it next time we have a party. I'm the only one in the house who likes normally, so I have to wait to make it. [tears]

The wrong age, the wrong time, for you to be mine.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: White Chocolate Bavarian Cream Cake| Next thread: White daisies »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: