The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Indoor jade plants

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Indoor Hybiscus| Next thread: Indoor lettuce »
Back to Thread index
by Erich on November 01, 2005 11:34 AM
I have a number of jades that have flourished from spending an summer season outside in southeastern Wisconsin. As the winter months approach, I move them indoors. I received them last February and they were sad inside, but when moved outside, they basically exploded into life. What can I do to keep them in their beautiful state as they (and myself) revert into a dormant, winter state?
by margaret e. pell on November 01, 2005 07:38 PM
I have but one jade and it's loosing leaves after a vibrant summer. Everything has a season of slower/no growth and rest. Maybe it's just the jades' time. I'll be interested to read other people's posts about their jades.

-

may God bless the WHOLE world!
by tkhooper on November 02, 2005 12:15 AM
The jade likes a lot of sun. It should be allowed to dry between waterings. As it goes dormant that can mean as little as one watering a month. Expect quite a bit of leaf drop when you move them indoors. They do not like to be moved. It's the change in ligh intensity that they most dislike. Make sure you use a well draining potting soil. Something like the cactus potting soil is very good. Make sure it doesn't have any of those water retaining crystals in it. I have like aquarium rock and regular soil 50/50 mix in my pots because I'm cheap and it was handy lol. You can start new plants from the leaves that drop if you want to so it isn't a total loss.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Indoor Hybiscus| Next thread: Indoor lettuce »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: