The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Help

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: help?????????????????| Next thread: HELP!!!!!!!!!! »
Back to Thread index
by SarahH on September 30, 2005 01:16 PM
I have an aloe plant and I usually keep it at my boyfriends house . Well I keep it by the patio door and he keeps it open and it has been really cold the last few days. Well know at the stem of my plants leaves it look like it almost ( I know it sounds funny ) bleeding. It is leeking something that is red and leaves are starting to turn red as well.Know I have it home and in a wram place. Does anybody have any ideas to help me out?
by weezie13 on September 30, 2005 08:02 PM
SarahH.,
Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum,
we're very glad you found us!!!

I just wanted to let you know,
I was going to move your post into
THE HOUSE PLANT SECTION,
You'll get a much better response to your
question in there from our fellow house
plant gardener's...

Also, if you do a FORUM SEARCH in the HOUSE PLANT SECTION and type in ALOE, I believe you'll find alot of good info on aloes too!!!

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by margaret e. pell on October 01, 2005 04:40 AM
What kind of aloe is it? I don't know about the 'bleeding', did something break the leaf? A lot of aloes are supposed to turn red in the sun. It's a good thing when they do, means they're getting enough sun. Most aloe can survive a light frost, some down to ~20F at night as long as it gets ubove freezing in the days. All can survive no frost [Wink] and almost all like a LOT of sun. Deserttropicals.com has good aloe descriptions to figure out what species you've got.
MEP

-

may God bless the WHOLE world!
by Will Creed on October 01, 2005 10:49 AM
I see you are from Colorado Springs and I bet you have seen some pretty cold weather there. I suspect cold damage to your Aloe.

Remove the damaged portions as they will not recover.

Let the soil get a bit drier than usual. Provide lots of sun and keep temps above 60 degrees.
by SarahH on October 08, 2005 04:09 AM
Yeah we do get some cold weather here that is for sure.Also something I did not notice until just the other day with the plant is that under the leaves there is this white moldy loooking web over the leaves .I have bougth some indoor miracle grow plant food bu the red in the leaves have spread at this point.
by Will Creed on October 08, 2005 10:37 AM
Hi Sarah,

No plant food for ailing plants. It is not medicine.

The white stuff may be mealybugs. Spray it with a solution of alcohol and water with a litte liquid soap.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: help?????????????????| Next thread: HELP!!!!!!!!!! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: