The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Norfolk island pine

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Nootka Rose (Rosa nutkana)| Next thread: Norfolk Island Pine »
Back to Thread index
by GardenGuy_Gardener on January 28, 2006 09:23 PM
I have a Norfolk Island pine that is about 2 feet tall and has 2 stems. Some of the branches are turning a little brown in some areas but the branch isnt dying. I have it next to a window that reaches to the ground so it gets about medium indirect light and i only water when the top inch of soil is dry. Should i water more? Less? And its mnot near any heating vents so thats not a problem. Thanks for anyones help! [Smile]

-
The good thing about snow is that it makes your yard look just like your neighbors! [Big Grin]
by AnSiosalaich on January 30, 2006 01:32 AM
My roommate is doing an excellent job killing her Norfolk Island Pine. From what I understand the soil needs to be very moist at all times...I salvage it from time to time by sticking it in the shower.
by GardenGuy_Gardener on January 30, 2006 03:55 AM
Ok so water it more. And someone else said to up the humidity by misting. That sounds like it should work! Thanks! [clappy]

-
The good thing about snow is that it makes your yard look just like your neighbors! [Big Grin]
by afgreyparrot on January 30, 2006 06:12 AM
Norfolk Island Pine Care

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by Kim Fallen on January 31, 2006 10:28 AM
I'm having problems with my pine as well. I've been misting it, and it looked kind of wilted today, so I watered it. I noticed tonight the brances were curled under, and some were very stiff and prickley. Any ideas on what's causing this? Thanks so much.
Kim
by GardenGuy_Gardener on February 01, 2006 06:04 AM
Thats exactly wats happeneing to one of the stems on my pine except not curling the other stem i doin great!

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Nootka Rose (Rosa nutkana)| Next thread: Norfolk Island Pine »
Back to Thread index