The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Best time to move a lime tree

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
by gardengal on February 05, 2004 04:59 PM
Papito, my friend would like to put in a raised bed along the back of her yard this year but she will need to transplant her dwarf Bearass lime to do it. The lime tree is still young, we bought them last spring in 15 gallon containers, one for her and one for me. They have grown a bit taller and we just picked the fruit. How do we move it without shocking it too badly? Or should she not move it at all? [teacher]

Thanks for your help. [kissies]

-
 -
Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
by papito on February 05, 2004 07:16 PM
I have had 5 shutdowns this morning, want to give you a quick reply before another shutdown.

The best time to transplant is Winter when the tree is in dormant stage or before active growth start. Please check one of Bill's posts on transplanting fruit trees in the forum search.

-
 -

Amor est vitae essentia.
Love is the essence of life.
by gardengal on February 05, 2004 07:29 PM
Thanks Papito! [thumb] Good luck with your pc problems.

-
 -
Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
by gardengal on February 05, 2004 07:35 PM
Thanks again Papito. I found Bill's info

transplanting large trees and shrubs

I figured the next couple of months would be our window of opportunity. I volunteered to help because her hubby's too busy. Thanks for all your help again! [kissies]

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: