The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Suggestions needed

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Karrie on April 29, 2006 06:49 AM
Have any of you ever planted periwinkle? I have a nasty drainage hill outside the new place its ugly and not going to be easy to disguise as its not much more then huge rocks. Today I planted some periwinkle plants what I did was make holes as deep as I could placed the periwinkle in and them encircled it with rocks and then added more dirt. My hope is that the periwinkle will eventually cover the rocks yet withstand the water drainage that occurs in heavy rain. I have also thrown some morning glory seeds the type that grow more bushy then viney around the area hopeing they will grow on the outside that doesnt receive the drainage yet is still ugly from the rocks.

Issue number 2 I have started some seeds for 4 o' clocks..........where have you all had success with these at. They are new to me. I have had such success with the seedlings though.

-
 -

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie's Photos
by SpringFever on April 29, 2006 04:17 PM
I have seen the periwinkle and it did take over a area that you are discribing.. sounds like it will be fine..#2 no clue..

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album
by tamara on April 30, 2006 12:48 AM
I've used periwinkle and it does grow quite well but nothing grows as good or spreads as fast as Goutweed. Be careful though it's a very invasive plant.

-
 -
Tamara's Photos
Thinking Spring, Thinking Spring...Nope, doesn't work.lol
by joclyn on April 30, 2006 03:01 PM
you could try vinca - especially if the area is very sunny.

i had 4 o'clocks once - in the spot where i ended up putting the vinca. sunny from about noon on. they did very well there!! got some surprise plants the following year due to some that selfseeded, too!!

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: