The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Suggestions???

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
by Sherri on January 10, 2004 09:29 PM
Hello everyone. I need some suggestions. I want to put a hanging basket in my bathroom but the only spot available is over a corner of the bathtub near a window. Now if some one is having a shower it'll have to be enclosed behind the curtain. The light situation isn't all that great either but it's not too bad. So, basically I'm searching for a plant that likes high humidity and low light. Any ideas? [thinker]

-
by tamara on January 11, 2004 02:34 AM
I have a fern and an ivy.

-
 -
Tamara's Photos
Thinking Spring, Thinking Spring...Nope, doesn't work.lol
by Sherri on January 11, 2004 02:39 AM
YOu think a fern would make it in those conditions?? What kind of fern do you have, and where do you have it? (am I nosy or what? [grin] )

-
by tamara on January 11, 2004 02:50 AM
Mine are livin, don't know the variety, just some mark downs from the end of season. Fern is afoot away from tub and ivy is 3 ft away.

-
 -
Tamara's Photos
Thinking Spring, Thinking Spring...Nope, doesn't work.lol
by barleychown on January 11, 2004 02:53 AM
My pothos is SOOOOOO happy in my low-light bathroom...I have to hack off most of it every few months, or it will take over! [grin]

My spider plant is doing okay in there, too...

-
 -

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
by Sherri on January 11, 2004 04:04 AM
Hmmmm, Pothos you say [thinker] I'll have to go shopping again and check one out. And it's really thriving in similar conditions to the ones I described? You're awesome! [thumb]

-
by barleychown on January 11, 2004 05:13 AM
No problem!

They are VERY common here...and easy to propagate, so soon you will have a ton!!!(Or your friends will... [Big Grin] )

-
 -

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
by catlover on January 11, 2004 05:04 PM
Barley mentioned the pothos....I think that is a great idea but I want to add that the variegated pothos require more light than the solid green....so if light is really limited I would stick to the solid green!

If you have friends that have any pothos ask them for some cuttings...stick them in water and in a very short time you will have many roots...plant and your off....keep taking cuttings as it grows and stick in the pot and before you know it you will be giving beautiful plants to everybody you know [grin]
[kitty] [wayey]

-
 -
 -

Active Garden Forum