The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

berry plants

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Berry Plants| Next thread: Berry question- any suggestions? »
Back to Thread index
by gregsgranney on January 31, 2004 09:32 PM
[Embarrassed] i have been trying to do my homework on moving wild berry plants from one area to another, and haven't found anything. [Confused] we have MANY areas where we have red raspberries, blackberries and another berry that is still yet to be found in the pictures. can these bushes be transplated to another area on the property? How? when? and is there a better time (spring or fall) is it best to keep the different berries separated, or does it even make a difference. [dunno] thanks gregsgranney
by shamarian on February 01, 2004 03:05 AM
Hi I'm sure not an expert on berries but when my parents sold their 10 acres some years ago,we took as much of the raspberries with us that we could and if I remeber right we dug them up in the spring.Theres not too much to a dormant raspberrie plant, just get as much of the root with the new canes that you can.So move how ever many you want,give away whats left and till up anything left behind like we did.
And I've been reading alot about berries myself lately cause I want to get into more kinds
and I dont think its ever advisable to mix them much together. I guess theres diseases that can be spread one from the other.Hope this helps some

P.s But make sure to compost and fertilize and soak up those new holes where your going to plant

I am old, and repotting wont help!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Berry Plants| Next thread: Berry question- any suggestions? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: