The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

I'VE FINALLY DONE IT!!!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Thornius on April 19, 2006 12:31 PM
You people have put voodoo on me that caused me to make a flower bed! [Mad] After removing a 4 X 8 foot Monkee Grass Patch from my front porch area. My wife, grandson, and I ended up buying bedding plants, seeds, and bulbs to make a flower bed. We planted red Gladiolus, purple Petunias, Marigolds, red Salvia, and red Verbena. We got my grandson 2 packs of Lilliput Zinnias which he planted in a pot.It is the first time I've ever planted Gladiolus, Salvia, and Verbena. I chose red to help attract Hummingbirds. (If you're trying to change me into a gardener I have to do SOMETHING to hang on to my bird interest. [dunno] )

THORNY'S NEW GARDEN (1 HOUR OLD)
 -

-
 -
A bird in the hand......can sometimes be a mess.
by beebiz on April 19, 2006 01:52 PM
Hey Thorny,

The new garden looks great!! [thumb] And, it will only improve with time! [thumb]

As for the gardening "bug", it's as contagious as the Bubonic Plague!! [Big Grin] But, it's a lot more fun, and definately better for you!! [thumb] [Smile]

Robert

My New Web Site If you take a look, please sign my guest book so I'll know you've been there! Also, check out the new African Violet addition to my site! Thanks
by beebiz on April 19, 2006 01:54 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention that I love the fact that you got your grandson involved in the new garden. I remember helping my grandparents in their veggie garden when I was a kid. I learned a lot from them and it gave us some excellent quality time!! [thumb]

Robert

My New Web Site If you take a look, please sign my guest book so I'll know you've been there! Also, check out the new African Violet addition to my site! Thanks
by SpringFever on April 19, 2006 09:33 PM
Nice Garden Thornius
[thumb] [clappy] [clappy] [clappy]
I am sure you will enjoy it!!

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album
by tkhooper on April 19, 2006 10:59 PM
Hey Thorny welcome to gardening. Didn't it feel absolutely great. And watching them grow is fantastic. Then there is harvesting the seeds and trading them. That's really great fun too. And I'm sure your birds are going to love you for the flowers.

-
 -
by Thornius on April 20, 2006 01:11 AM
Thanks, Folks [grin] I have had gardens before, especially about 20-25 years ago. We had a BIG yard then and I grew vegetables and flowers by the bushels. I just have very little unused space at this house. We hated the Monkey Grass at that location so dug it up and transplanted it under my Willow tree where I hang my bird feeders. It looks soooo much better there and that gave me a 4 X 8 foot patch of dirt in front of my porch so I said, "Bedding Plants! Instant Gratification!" We rushed to Walmart where they had 6-packs of bedding plants for $1.48 a pack. I bought 10 packs of them! Dollar Tree had a 6 pack of Gladiolus bulbs for $1.00. I got the Zinnia seeds at Walmart for a dime a pack! I think I might continue this each year.

-
 -
A bird in the hand......can sometimes be a mess.

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: