The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

peony

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Peonies bud?| Next thread: Peony »
Back to Thread index
by annitajj on April 19, 2006 03:57 AM
I have inherited over 30 peony plants with the house we purchased last year and am a beginner as far as looking after them. These are well established plants. Some have green stems and bushes and some are more of a red color. Are they lacking in something? I notice the ones that are more green are also bushier than the red.

Annitajj
by joclyn on April 19, 2006 05:25 AM
i transplanted a peony from a neighbors yard last year (they were moving) and it's just starting to come up (yay! i wasn't sure if it would survive the move) and the shoots are red. i'm not sure if they will turn green as they grow (as my rose does) or not. peony's are a new thing for me.

check out this area of the site for info on caring for the peony
by tkhooper on April 19, 2006 06:50 AM
They will turn green given some time. You are so lucky to have that many peonies. I have five new ones and I just love them. They live for 75 to 100 years. They won't bloom if they are disturbed or so I've read so you have to leave them alone. Except for occassionally spliting them when they get overcrowded. I can't wait to see all your pictures when they begin blooming.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Peonies bud?| Next thread: Peony »
Back to Thread index