The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Jade roots

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Jade Question| Next thread: Jade TLC in Vancouver »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on June 30, 2005 10:42 PM
I could be stark raving out of my mind. This is not impossible but. I thought I would ask and if it turns out a rediculous questions well that's ok.

My jade likes to occassionally put out roots from it's joints. That's all fine and dandy cause it has always been little enough that the roots end up in the pot with it. But it's getting bigger and the limbs are staring to sneak over the edge of the pot. I don't really want any roots burrowing into the window sill or any of the structure of the apartment. Am I worring needlessly?

-
 -
by Nako on July 01, 2005 12:17 AM
I don't think they'll do that ^.^ If they worry you, you can always cut off that part and make a new jade, or just cut the air roots off *shrugs* What's supposed to happen is the branch is supposed to get too heavy for the plant and it falls off and roots. But ya ^.^ I wouldn't worry about it burrowing into the wood. Jades aren't that agressive [Smile]

~Phoebe

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -
by tkhooper on July 01, 2005 02:19 AM
Thanks for the info Phoebe. I tried to post earlier but my internet server cut me off at the knees. [Mad]

The things I put up with inorder to get cheap grrrrrh.

I'm very glad that it isn't going to get aggressive on me. One of the reasons I've never killed orchids is I've always been afraid they would go after the woodwork so I never bought any.

Hope you are having a wonderful day.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Jade Question| Next thread: Jade TLC in Vancouver »
Back to Thread index