The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

anyone else?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by hisgal2 on February 22, 2006 03:12 AM
anyone else have flowers coming up? I have lily of the valley up already and also tulips and some crocuses. We are bound to get a good storm next month....those poor things are going to die when it comes! [Frown]

-
 -

-
by obywan59 on February 22, 2006 03:40 AM
I have tulips and crocus and daffodils up. My earliest blooming variety of daffodils has buds already. No sign of my lily of the valley yet. I had seen some new shoots of my variegated solomon seal when I raked the leaves off last month, but now there's no sign of them either.

-
Terry

May the force be with you
by alankhart on February 22, 2006 06:25 AM
My dafs are up and a few are blooming. Most of my crocuses are blooming as well. Most of my daylilies are up from 3 to 6 inches, some of my garden phlox is coming up, and a few of my asiatic lilies are even starting to poke out of the ground. We never know what kind of weather we'll have here in March...it is often quite warm most of the month, or it may snow. Every year I end up having to cover up a ton of plants because it will be warm for a week or two making them break dormancy and then it will snow or turn really cold.

-
 -
 -
by Bestofour on February 22, 2006 09:28 AM
My entire yard is in spring bloom. I'm going to post some pictures later.

-
 -
 - http://www.picturetrail.com/bestofour  -
by loz on February 23, 2006 01:39 AM
I have crocuses, daffs, tulips, and hyacinths all coming up [thumb] ....My lily of the valley isn't up yet though.

I sure hope that we don't get a good storm next month Jenn..... [scaredy]
by weezie13 on February 23, 2006 01:57 AM
Jenn,
I'm willing to bet it's not your lilies of the valleys' comin' up..but, your snow drops maybe?????

LotV's don't usually poke their heads up this soon..
and especially if Terry hasn't seen his, he's a warmer climate than we are too...

Keep an eye on them for us, and let us know..

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: