The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Rose clipping propagation?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by DV cactus man on May 02, 2005 07:04 PM
Can you cut a clipping from a rose and grow a new plant?
by Barb Illinois Zone 5 on May 03, 2005 06:51 AM
Here is an excellent resource for you. Suggest reading entire propagation instructions before proceeding though. I've used this method rather successfully. Good luck! [thumb]

http://www.rdrop.com/~paul/hulse.html

-
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intent of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
"WHOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!"
by GiselaT on May 04, 2005 05:00 PM
Great article Barb!

My Mom has about 40 rose bushes -- I can't wait to try this! [clappy]

Gisela
by tkhooper on May 04, 2005 05:44 PM
I had no idea this could be done. And even with the miniatures. I broke right now but I'm thinking about this August when about the last of the miniatures show up at lowe's.

-
 -
by JV on May 06, 2005 05:14 AM
I rooted some seven sisters this year. Took clippings dipped in rooting Harmone put in wet sand mix with Perlite to help hold moisture. After about two weeks I dug rough hole planted the cutting sand and all with potting soil I use liguid molasses and Fish Emulsion. Water good when you plant then depending on the weather (ours has been wet)water about twice a week after they get started. I water everyday at first if dry weather. [thumb]

-
 -
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says.
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-
by tkhooper on May 06, 2005 12:42 PM
DV,

Thank you for posting this question. I never would have thought to ask. And I am so glad I know now.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: