The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Arrowhead Ivy

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Arrowhead| Next thread: artemesia silver mound »
Back to Thread index
by dulcevoce on April 30, 2005 08:07 PM
I thought I knew about ivy, but feel unsure at this point! About 5 mos. ago I adopted a needs-some-help arrowhead ivy with yellow leaves and unkempt vines. I replanted it in a clay pot with new potting soil, and it seemed to revive. Recently, I decided to give it a cut back, and put the cuttings in glasses of water to root. No roots have begun within the 2 wk. span. Sooo, I am wondering if they root in water like regular ivy? CAn I go ahead and plant these cuttings? Any response will be appreciated. BTW, I am addicted to this forum -- thanks to all who keep it alive. [wayey]

-
by phoenix on April 30, 2005 08:31 PM
[wayey] dolcevoce
i believe you should see some roots on your cuttings soon i'm pretty sure they will root in water [thumb] and do you know that you may need to water the plant in the terra cotta pot a little more frequently due to it being a very pourous plant pot,the soil will dry out quicker [Wink] i hope i was able to help [grin]

-
 -
http://photobucket.com/albums/y203/lilpuppolo/
"If you want to talk bollocks and discuss the meaning of life,you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey.That way you're drunk by the time you start to take yourself seriously"
by Will Creed on May 01, 2005 12:21 AM
Hi Dulcevoce,

I am trying to figure out what plant you have. There is an arrow ivy, which is a Hedera or English ivy. Then there is an arrowhead vine, which is a Syngonium or Nepthytis, depending on your source. They are very different plants. The Hedera has small leaves a bit larger than the end of your finger. The Syngonium has leaves about the size of your hand. Which do you have?

Will
by Jiffymouse on May 01, 2005 05:01 AM
either of them can take up to a month to root so be patient.
by dulcevoce on May 01, 2005 10:05 PM
One of my flaws is being impatient, so I will try to work on that. [Roll Eyes] Meanwhile, I will ask one more question -- how often do I need to change the water? Thanks everyone who responded, I really appreciate it. Jane

-
by Jiffymouse on May 02, 2005 04:24 AM
i change the water pretty regularly, every few days or week, keeps the plants healthier and the smell gone.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Arrowhead| Next thread: artemesia silver mound »
Back to Thread index