The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

italian stone pine

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: italian parsley| Next thread: its a jungle in here! »
Back to Thread index
by daysea on November 20, 2006 11:40 PM
i have another newbie!!! got it from the grocery, just cause i wanted it, my husband rolled his eyes at me, again....pretty healthy, get close and it has the most interesting nice smell..but what should i do with it? its in a very small pot, a metal one at that. most of my houseplants are the tropical type, so this is new to me. where should i put it? it didnt have a card with it about the care...

dayseafefe
by daysea on November 21, 2006 12:31 AM
oh oh..... i was looking for pics of this 'italian stone pine' and it does not look like any of them, what the heck did i buy??? last night my husband threw out all my tags,[it was garbage night] HELP!!!!!!!!it looks like a small christmas tree. but very short needles, very soft. not like the poky ones. and smells really nice, but again not like the regular piney smell.

dayseafefe
by margaret e. pell on November 21, 2006 07:08 AM
Maybe it'a a norfolk island pine? Take a look at these (or google for yourself if this link doesn't work...):

norfolk island pine

-

may God bless the WHOLE world!
by hisgal2 on November 22, 2006 02:06 PM
Margaret, that is what I was thinking as well. Alot of stores around here sell them this time of year with little glitter things on them. I was thinking of getting one, but then I'd have to move it. I might end up getting it tho. [Big Grin]

-
 -

-
by dodge on November 27, 2006 09:28 AM
Yep ......Norfolk pine ......i had one for christmas, once.

I liked it......
Tell your hubby , plants are lots more benefical then drinking..

ha ha
dodge [clappy]

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''
by daysea on November 27, 2006 11:04 PM
thanks all!! it is similar .. i called the store i got it from. spoke to the 'plant lady' there, the one who orders them all. she knew which one it was and read the tag. it says 'Italian stone pine' not much care instructions i have also seen the other ones that are the 'Norfolk pine' maybe because mine is so small i think it looks different. but for now i am following the care instructions for the Norfolk pine. thanks again. maybe when the hubby gets home he can load in a few pics for me.

dayseafefe
by dodge on November 27, 2006 11:21 PM
well good..

Wanna see it.

dodge

-
 -
by roflol on November 27, 2006 11:36 PM
Information in the descriptions here
indicates it could easily be Italian stone pine in baby form.

Click here for pictures of different little tabletop live trees and see if your tree is one of them (includes a pic of Italian stone pine, Norfolk pine, and others). I think that Italian stone pine looks cute!

Happy hunting!

[flower]
by dodge on November 28, 2006 12:31 AM
rofol

Then it is a big.........daddy? Right

dodge

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: italian parsley| Next thread: its a jungle in here! »
Back to Thread index