The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Hello Everyone!!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Mrs D on June 26, 2006 04:10 PM
Dear Garden Helpers,

I'm new here and hope to get to know you. I found this site while searching for some advise on what to do with my new ceramic teapot planter. It's quite beautiful, 9 inches high and 16 inches wide from the handle to the tip of the spout, and has a decent sized hole at the bottom for drainage and a saucer beneath to catch water.

If only it had a lid, I'd make a big pot of tea in it and use a small quilt for a cozy! [Smile]

I wanted to plant flowers in it but need some good advice. I'd like to have it out on the deck in summer, but since winters get very cold here, I'd have to bring it in and put it in the kitchen window where there's sun only in the morning. The only other option would be to hide it in the laundry room to get the full sun of the afternoon.
I'm trying to keep the sun out of the den because the summer heat is a burden on the air conditioner so I keep the curtains closed.

It's a complex problem. But, I know there are brilliant people here who could help solve it.

What do you think, Garden Helpers?

Ms D [Smile]

PS It doesn't have to bloom in winter, just stay green and thrive until spring. [Smile]
by Mrs D on June 26, 2006 04:16 PM
This is Ms D again. I keep the den curtains drawn in winter also because the afternoon sun bleaches the upholstery and carpets.
by Mrs D on June 26, 2006 10:43 PM
Hi Cindy! Thanks so much for the cheery welcome. I've had begonias. They love morning sun. I also have a potted plant that looks like a shamrock and gets little white flowers from time to time. I can't always remember plant or flower names either.

Active Garden Forum