The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Bamboo , Bonsai & Shamrocks

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Bamboo| Next thread: Bamboo 2 U »
Back to Thread index
by shanbear on May 27, 2006 09:58 AM
Hello All:

Bamboo… I love them; however, my 700sq ft apartment at the time was not as kind to them. I’m a Zone 3b and with only one window that led into the living room, the very tips of the leaves started to turn brown and dry. It’s now a year later and I’ve moved into my new house with tons of windows. However, my tips of the leaves are still a beigey/brown and dry. What can I do to help them?

Bonsai… what a beautiful specimen … While I’ve been tempted to buy a many-of-times now, I’ve been reluctant because all of my friends who have purchased one, have killed them. Now is this because of my climate that their destined not to grow? (Zone 3b) And/or are these a more difficult to grow?

Shamrocks… my parents are from Ireland so my love for these plants goes very deep. I have a few pots of Shamrocks around my house, all grown from seeds, however the last batch of seeds I’ve planted have grown much more individual shamrocks then all the rest. The instructions said to grow in a pot about 4 inches long, 2 inches wide and I did, but now (a couple months later) there are about 80-90 teeny, tiny shamrocks in my small little pot and I’m a bit nervous to transplant them (they are outgrowing the pot already) because they are still so delicate. Any suggestions? Should I wait until they mature a bit more, are they ok to transplant at this stage?

Thank you in advance for my questions; odd collection of plants, eh?! I will take some pictures for a future post. [thumb]
by Jiffymouse on May 28, 2006 03:19 AM
shamrock help here
by shanbear on June 01, 2006 04:25 AM
Thank you for the suggestion! I went to the link and found a few things out about Shamrocks that I didn't know in the past. I have also passed along the tips to my friends. Again, thank you!

Sincerely,
Shanbear

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Bamboo| Next thread: Bamboo 2 U »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: