The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Jasmine

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Jasmine| Next thread: Jasmine »
Back to Thread index
by Sherri on January 10, 2004 11:32 PM
Well, I just posted a similar message in "pests", but I'm pretty sure I give up. My beautiful new jasmine plant that I was oh so happy about not 2 hours ago is buggy. [Mad] Little teeny-tiny brown specks. Yucky yucky yucky. I'm an absolute bug-a-phobic. Especially little miny ones that you can't really see or feel crawling on you(shudder). So, I was going to attempt to fight it but I think I might cry if the rest of my plants get bugs! So, I called the place that I bought it, and he said it sounds like spider-mites! [scaredy] It's going back tommorow!(and is spending the night bagged in a room by itself)

-
by Sherri on January 10, 2004 11:37 PM
One more quick thing, I had a gardenia in the sink beside the sink that the jasmine was in for 1-2 hours, not touching though, what are the odds that the bugs transfered? I know I'm parinoid but, what were the odds again?

-
by Will Creed on January 11, 2004 04:41 AM
The odds that the spider mites spread to your Gardenia are very small. If it makes you feel better, spray all of the leaves with a solution of soapy water and then rinse it off in the sink or shower.
by Sherri on January 11, 2004 04:45 AM
When you say soapy water, is there any particular kind of soap to use. Or rather any kind of soap NOT to use? I know I'm probably being neurotic about the whole situation, but I have so many plants, and I guess I've just been really lucky in the past because I've never had an infestation before. Which is why I want to make sure I don't get one now!

-
by lizheaemma on January 11, 2004 04:52 AM
sherri if you are returning the jasmine tommorow I believe that they sell a soap spray that is made for plants that is made by safer's you could just go that way then you don't need to worry about getting that wrong stuff and it's made for plants!
by lizheaemma on January 11, 2004 04:55 AM
Here's a link so you can read about it! Safer's
by Sherri on January 11, 2004 05:02 AM
Have I told you recently how awesome you are??? [thumb]

-
by lizheaemma on January 11, 2004 05:06 AM
I just finally clued in that you might not be the home concoction type! [Smile]
by Sherri on January 11, 2004 05:09 AM
Really? It's taken you this long? [Razz]

-
by lizheaemma on January 11, 2004 05:11 AM
[dunno]
by Will Creed on January 12, 2004 02:56 AM
Liquid dish soap (Ivory, Joy, et. al.) works just fine, is safe on your plants, and is a lot cheaper than Safer's insecticidal soap.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Jasmine| Next thread: Jasmine »
Back to Thread index