The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Boston Fern

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Boston Fern| Next thread: boston fern »
Back to Thread index
by syl726 on January 06, 2004 05:18 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I have a Boston Fern that I purchased while it was still small; in a starter pot. I have since put it in one a little larger and at first it was looking great off and on. Now, it's loosing it leaves at the bottom near the soil and turning brown. I have pebbles in the saucer with a little water, give it a misting about every other day and it's by a window where it gets nice filtered, low-medium light. Please help.
by Will Creed on January 07, 2004 03:42 AM
It may be reacting to the stress of the repotting. It may also be reacting to the change in light. If new growth comes in and looks healthy, then you are on the right track.

Make sure that the soil is saturated when you water it. Then wait until the surface of the soil feels barely damp before soaking it once again. Boston ferns do not tolerate dryness at all.
by rue anemone on January 07, 2004 03:48 PM
Do you have the heat on in Georgia?

I was having trouble with houseplants every winter until our gas bills became so high that we turned the heat way down to 62 degrees.

I had been misting the plants the whole bit but until that heat was turned down they didn`t even notice that I had been misting them.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Boston Fern| Next thread: boston fern »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: