The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

China doll trouble

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: China doll plant| Next thread: chinch bugs »
Back to Thread index
by Willowbug on April 10, 2006 07:56 AM
My china doll was doing great. I had it placed near the south window until my son, aged 1, started to climb on the sofa near the plant. I moved it into the kitchen which is an eastern room, but not much light due to the house next door. The leaves have started to turn black and fall off. Even the new growth is turning black on the edges. Am I watering to much? Before it was in need of water alot as it was always dry, I kept on watering the same schedule and think this is the trouble. I have placed it today in an east window which will get a lot more light, and am hoping this will help. Any ideas?
by packisnumber1 on April 11, 2006 10:37 PM
I'm from Wisconsin, too!! [Smile]

My china doll plant is in a south window and does great. The move with yours maybe had a lot to do w/ the decline in yours' health. Do you use any type of fertilizer or plant food? I put liquid fertilizer in my every other week.

I just bought my plant, so I don't know much about them, but I've given all I have got. Good luck! [Wink]
by Jiffymouse on April 16, 2006 05:02 AM
one thing to remember. when you fertilize a house plant, you only want to do it at half strength.

from what i am reading, when you moved the plant, you didn't alter the watering to match the new conditions. let the soil dry a little more before you water it. that should help.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: China doll plant| Next thread: chinch bugs »
Back to Thread index