The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Can I use this in my pots?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Willowbug on April 09, 2006 04:58 AM
I see in the garden store where you can buy bags of small rocks for your house plants to make the pots look more attractive. We bought a bag of rocks for our flowerbeds outside and was wondering if a problem would happen if I used these for my house plants. With the amount of pots I have the small bags would cost me a mint, if this would work I would save a lot of money as the rocks are larger. I know some things can kill indoor plants and would like some advice.
by phoenix on April 09, 2006 05:04 AM
Hello Willowbug.
I don't think you would run into any problems as long as you clean them with a mild detergent and then rinse them off REAL good.

-
 -
http://photobucket.com/albums/y203/lilpuppolo/
"If you want to talk bollocks and discuss the meaning of life,you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey.That way you're drunk by the time you start to take yourself seriously"
by phoenix on April 09, 2006 05:08 AM
Willowbug,
How rude of me WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!
I use things outside then bring them in to use inside and just clean them with a mild bleach cleaner,watered down a bit,then rinse real good.

-
 -
"If you want to talk bollocks and discuss the meaning of life,you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey.That way you're drunk by the time you start to take yourself seriously"
by Willowbug on April 09, 2006 05:12 AM
Thanks for the welcome.

I'll wash the rocks up, thanks for the advice.
by phoenix on April 09, 2006 05:14 AM
No problem!! Glad I could help.
What type of house plants do you have?

-
 -
by margaret e. pell on April 09, 2006 06:33 AM
Remember, rocks will keep the air from the top of the soil, thus slowing drying out time, and make it harder for you to get a finger in to feel how far down it's dry. This is not necessarilly a plus or a minus, just something to be aware of.

-

may God bless the WHOLE world!
by Willowbug on April 09, 2006 09:33 AM
I have 15 at the moment from ivy to china dolls to money tree. They keep me busy. Hubby wishes I would stop going to the store to buy them. But when something happens to one I end up bringing home 3 or 4 new ones. In the last year my amount has gone down due to my son pulling leaves off or having the plant land on the floor and the plant not recovering for one reason or another. We are moving to Indiana so I think I will wait until we are settled to buy anymore, don't want to have to lug them 300 miles.

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: