The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Black Magic Elephant Ears

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by userjh160 on September 12, 2005 04:29 AM
I hope I am posting to the right forum, forgive me if I am not, newbie here. I purchased 2 EE at the same time, one was just a bit larger than the other. Now the larger one is about 2 times larger - big, big beautiful leaves looks great. The problem is the smaller one. No matter how much water I give it -- the leaves are curling up, the leaves are getting big - still "runt" size. I feed both the same time, I just dont know what else to do, I just cant sit back and let it die -- anyone with any info, please help.

Malinda
by cinta on September 12, 2005 10:02 AM
Maybe the smaller one was not big enough and did not need as much water. It may be rotting. I would give it less water if to much water is making the leaves curl up.

I start the small ones out in smaller pots and move them up to bigger pots as they grow so the small ones do not rot.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/audwoman/

If you want the rainbow you have to put up with the rain!!
by userjh160 on September 12, 2005 04:22 PM
I have tried less water for a while and alot of leaves just dried up and died. I guess I will dig it up and pot it and try that. Thanks for the advise.

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: