The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

I gave myself a present today

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by tkhooper on September 12, 2005 03:31 AM
While I was at the grocery store buying health food I went by the plant section. Then I went by it again. Then I started by it the third time and had to stop. They had the big miniature roses for 6.98 and they had a red one that was just full of blooms. Now how could I possible resist that. I mean really isn't it impossible to pass that up? Well it was for me. Of course the silly thing likes to stay moist and that takes a lot of work down here in virginia in resent years but I'll do what I can for as long as I can. I so hope it makes it. I'll have to see if I can get a picture.
by suzydaze on September 15, 2005 01:05 AM
tk,

they can handle less water than you think, I forget to water mine sometimes and they do okay. I have mine outside

-
 -
I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
by tkhooper on September 15, 2005 01:56 AM
I planted mine outside too. Unfortunately it's almost all clay out there and most of the water runs off or drains really fast so I pretty much have to take water out to it everyday. We've only been getting rain about once a month this summer which isn't enough for almost anything I planted. It's made it very hard to have a garden.
by slredmond on September 16, 2005 09:39 AM
TK-sounds like the best thing for your health in the "health food" section was the rose? [Smile] As I tell my hubby, if it's green and it grows, I want it!

Sandy

Sandy R.
by tkhooper on September 19, 2005 05:17 AM
I hope your hubby isn't like my late uncle. I can just see what Bud would do with an open ended line like that.

Uncle Bud was the uncle that called my mom at around 3:00 am one morning and asked her what kind of bird can't fly. My mother being 3/4 asleep answered a jail bird and promptly hung up the phone. She then sat straight up in bed and holler, "Tammy, wake up your uncles in jail and I don't know which one."

My family is a bit odd.
by slredmond on September 22, 2005 01:02 AM
Yeah, well thankfully he has a degree in Landscape Architecture so he likes green, growing things also.

Love the story about your Uncle Bud!! Gee- come to think of it, I had an Uncle Bud, too. And we have odd down to a fine science! My Bud (grandmother's brother) was from Texas - lived to be in his 90's. Don't remember any jail time, but shoot, anything's possible!

Sandy R.

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: