The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Transplant shock?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by rozy221 on September 12, 2005 12:07 AM
Hi all! A couple of weeks ago, I got 2 weeping cherry trees-one full size and one dwarf. The full size one is in direct sun all day long. The dwarf is in the sun for about 5 hours a day. I added peat moss to the bottom of the planting holes and I was watering daily, but have recently cut back to every 2-3 days because the leaves have started yellowing, especially on the full size one. On that one, quite a few leaves have yellowed and fallen off. Otherwise, it looks ok-not wilty or anything. The dwarf hasn't lost any leaves yet, but has several yellowing/browning leaves on it. Please say this is transplant shock!!! Would it be too early for fall's effects to be causing this? We're still in the mid-70s during the day and mid-50s at night. Please help!!! [Eek!]
by WCutler on October 01, 2005 12:00 AM
I am not an expert but the trees I have planted near fall have seemed to turn faster than they will the next year when they are established. I use Miracle Gro Quick Start plant food to help with transplant shock when I plant perinnials. I would ask a local nursery about using it with your trees. Maybe someone here can advise on that issue.

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: