The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

mosquito plant???

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Mosquito Fish| Next thread: Mosquito problem »
Back to Thread index
by ladybug67 on September 02, 2005 09:38 PM
Well here i'am again but in another room. Ok I have this plant i bought two of them and they are called cirosa( pelargonium graveolens) it says its a mosquito fighter, because if you touch the leaves it diffuses a strong lemon scent, which deters insects. Well my question is does anyone know anything about the plant? Will it come back next year? It got really big and i want to move them but not sure if i should. I really not sure how to do this and where if i can move them to where? oh please any help thanks!! danielle

being a mom is the best job their is and hardest too!!! lol
by alankhart on September 03, 2005 02:43 AM
Mosquito plant is not hardy, so if you have it planted outside it will not come back. I've never tried to grow one indoors, so I don't know how well they do inside over the winter. You could probably take cuttings for next year though.

-
 -
 -
by ladybug67 on September 03, 2005 11:14 PM
Thank you, how do i take cuttings? The plants are way to big for me to bring in side.!! I put them in my garden so i wouldn't get eatten alive lol. Danielle

by alankhart on September 04, 2005 01:16 AM
Cut off about 5" of a stem, remove the lower leaves and stick it in potting soil. If you have any rooting hormone, stick the end in the hormone powder first and then plant in potting soil. Keep them watered but not soggy and put them in a shady place for a while and in about 6 weeks they should be rooted. You should be able to keep them in a window over winter. You should take several cuttings in case some don't make it. I have one in a pot on my front porch...it's getting pretty big too.

-
 -
 -
by ladybug67 on September 04, 2005 01:33 AM
Do you think i can but them in the celler or may be they will freeze?

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Mosquito Fish| Next thread: Mosquito problem »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: