The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

African violets 102 continued

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by barleychown on March 17, 2006 04:16 AM
The first part of this thread got to one hundred posts, so it's time to start again.

-
 -

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
by barleychown on March 17, 2006 04:17 AM
Here is a link to the first part of this thread.

African violets 102...what to do now that you have babies

-
 -

by barleychown on March 17, 2006 04:19 AM
quote:
Triss is that one with the blue flower a semi minature? I have been wanting to find a true blue flowered one...and that does look true blue. I didn't see the name first time around...I'll look it up if I can find it.
Hi there Comfrey! His name is "Rob's Gundaroo" and he is a trailer.

-
 -

by comfrey on March 17, 2006 08:59 AM
Ok..Thanks, I went and looked it up after I ask the question [Embarrassed] It's been 11 days and all of my leaves still look good, so I am hoping that I can just keep up what ever it is, I am doing [Big Grin] and they all make it....I have to be [nutz] , becaues if they all make it...That means 20 leaves times how ever many (babies)???? I could end up with 20-50 babies or more. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

-
 -
by comfrey on March 17, 2006 09:03 AM
Oh I forgot to mention...every time I talk to my mom on the phone, we always end up talking about violets, So I suppose it is gentic for me to at least try to grow av's My mom grows them, her mother grew them and so did my great grandmother.

-
 -
by barleychown on March 17, 2006 10:06 AM
That is so neat! And don't worry about the extra babies...you can always trade them, or give them to friends. [thumb]

Just enjoy it!

-
 -

by comfrey on March 20, 2006 08:12 AM
I did try an experiment...My mom says she starts most of her leaves in water, so since I had 4 leaves that the kittens ripped off of my one av plant, I decided ok..I'll do 2 in soil and 2 in water...One of the ones in water rotted, but I think the leaf was damaged before I started it, the other leaf that is in water...has very fine hair like roots forming along the sides of the leaf stem, I wonder if the samething is happening with the ones in the soil???? All my other leaves are in soil.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: