The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Hawaiian White ginger

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Hawaiian Schefflera Tree| Next thread: Hawk ? »
Back to Thread index
by ShirlS on March 12, 2006 03:55 AM
I live in an area where this cannot be planted outside, So I planted it in a pot inside. It looks very healthy, and is growing quite quickly. Does anyone know if it will bloom in a container?

-

-
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
by GardenGuy_Gardener on March 12, 2006 08:35 AM
wow thats a beautiful plant! It almost looks like bamboo but alot taller. Sorry i'm not familiar with that plant but here is a website that i think my help you a little bit

-
The good thing about snow is that it makes your yard look just like your neighbors! [Big Grin]
by Jiffymouse on March 12, 2006 08:35 AM
how cool is that?! [thumb] might if you give it a flourescent light for insurance... but i really don't know. i just think that is cool!
by papito on March 12, 2006 09:08 AM
quote:
Does anyone know if it will bloom in a container?
Yes.

White Ginger Lillys blooms from April to July.

Choose a location in the house that gets the brightest light but no direct sun light can burn the leaves.

-
 -

Amor est vitae essentia.
Love is the essence of life.
by ShirlS on March 12, 2006 11:48 AM
Thanks for your replies everyone! The link is wonderful Gardenguy. Papito, thanks for the good news on the bloom times! maybe I will have some blooms in a month or so then! Yayyyy [clappy]

The link told how to propagate them, which is always a nice thing! My hubby started [gabby] about how many plants I have in here now. I smiled and said, wellllllllll we all collect things! Hows about those piles of things you have collecting up eh??? He hushed! HA!!

-
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
by GardenGuy_Gardener on March 13, 2006 12:00 AM
HMake sure you update us. I really want to see those flower..keep us posted

-
The good thing about snow is that it makes your yard look just like your neighbors! [Big Grin]
by ShirlS on March 13, 2006 01:06 AM
I will most definately keep you updated on the plant, when it blooms! [grin]

-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Hawaiian Schefflera Tree| Next thread: Hawk ? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: